Saturday, December 1, 2012

About Those Sleigh Bells Ringing (November 25 - December 1)

Dear Family and Friends,

Our son Rob and his family returned from a Thanksgiving vacation on Sunday. It was great to see them!

Roger, Bear and I are staying at The Vineyards in Grapevine, Texas. This campground sits on Grapevine Lake. The city of Grapevine owns and operates this beautiful facility. Our location is 25 miles from our children in Dallas and about the same from my family in Ft. Worth.


The entrance to the campground



The Tour sits directly on the lake. This picture was taken closer to the entrance of the park.

Tuesday was "Take Your Big Sister To Work Day." My brother Chris picked me up at the Vineyards in the morning and we spent the day making deliveries to collision centers located in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area. Chris works for American Auto Salvage in Ft. Worth. We drove over 150 miles before Chris dropped me off and then he collected about 25 more for the day. He averages 200 miles a day.
Chris is giving me a thumbs up as he arrived to pick me up.

Doors to be delivered.


Thank you Chris for a great day.

Another highlight of the week was going to Karate on Friday night. Abby tested for her orange belt and I caught a few shots of this event. 

 Little brother Jackson plays Angry Birds while waiting for Abby to test.

 Abby takes Karate very seriously.

 Abby and her partner practice

Congratulations to Abby for getting her orange belt. Grandad and I are so proud of you.


It was a great week in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I cannot believe we have been here for two weeks. Thank you for checking in with us. We appreciate your interest in our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment