Friday, June 15, 2012

About That View From A Dog's Perspective (June 10 - 15) - )

And now, a special report from a very important member of our family:


Dear Family and Friends,


Greetings from Bear, Suzanne and Roger's companion in their quest to travel America's roads and see the sights of this beautiful country. Some of you have asked questions about me and I am going to take a stab at answering them. First, for new blog readers, a little about my history. Avid blog readers, please note that I will tell you about our second week in Eugene, at the end of this blog.


I am a mini Australian Labradoodle. My parents were both labradoodles making me an F3 in doggie parlance. I am non shedding and hypoallergenic. Suzanne and Roger picked me out from other pups online because I came from a breeder in Bakersfield, California. My human parents had met a pup from this breeder, while they were skiing in Telluride. Bailey, that pup, did such a great job of playing with Roger that they immediately checked out the pups when they returned to Tucson. The picture below was the one that sold them on me.


My new family picked me up at Phoenix International Airport on January 13, 2010. I was so scared, but Suzanne and Roger told me that everything would be fine and what resulted was an immediate love affair between the three of us. The pictures below show us as we met each other at the airport. I was nine weeks old at the time.





Suzanne and Roger could not imagine leaving me at a pet borders as they toured the country with their bikes, so they bought a Class B motorhome. That began our life on the road on a part time basis because Roger was still working in Tucson.




We loved traveling together so much that our dream of full time RVing took shape. Now we live in our Class A, Winnebago Tour. Our travels have taken us over 20,000 miles (and that does not include trips in our towed vehicle) in the three RV's that we have owned. 


I am a great traveler. Once we are on the road, I sleep until we stop for breaks or until we reach our destination. Our trips usually last between 5 and 6 hours. People we meet love me because I am not a yappy dog. Rather, I am the classic non-alpha dog. Some may say that I am shy, but I can be assertive. My favorite thing in the whole world is to play ball with Roger.


I am now an adult dog (2 1/2 years old), weighing 29 pounds. My coat has changed from a dark apricot to a lighter cream color. 


Since Suzanne is giving me the opportunity to report on this week's adventures in Eugene, I will give you a run down on what has happened from my point of view:


 We had a great final week at Eugene Premier RV Resort in Eugene. The pictures below show my new best friend Kola. She is employed by the resort to keep the Canadian geese and ducks from roaming all over the RV park and leaving all sorts of presents for the management to clean up. Kola lives with her family behind us and in front of the pond pictured below. That is where the action (geese patrol) takes place.


Add caption

This is a picture of Kola, wearing her bird patrol vest. She loves her job and is very good at it. She has been trained to keep the birds away from the shore of the pond that borders onto the RV Resort land. 


Kola is half my size and very smart. 

The enemy

Kola's human "mom," Kay, is standing with Kola, near one of the cutouts that remind the geese that Kola is a threat in this area. Kay has been training dogs for many years. You can tell that she loves Kola very much.


We, Radcliff's, love to take trips in the towed, Terrain. Here I am in my dog bed ready for a trip into Eugene.

There are some really great pet shops in the area. Though I need it, I hope this is not a grooming day.

I love playing with Roger. He is my go to guy for ball games in the Tour. 

Suzanne and Roger are huge believers in physical fitness. They take me on lots of walks. We love to play fetch in off leash areas. 
I am a great poser for pictures.


Those of you that are recent blog readers now know how important I am in the Radcliff family. Thank you for letting me tell you a little bit about myself and my relationship with Suzanne and Roger. We are having so much fun touring our beautiful country. Next week will find us in Portland.



No comments:

Post a Comment